Amir TadjedinPartner / Portland
U.S. District Court, Oregon
U.S. District Court, California
Catholic University, J.D.
Washington University, B.A. Political Science and English
Amir is a partner in our Portland office. His practice is focused on litigating and arbitrating commercial disputes, with an emphasis on securities and investment related matters. He has substantial experience defending broker-dealers, registered representatives, investment advisors, insurance agents and agencies, issuers, and other professionals in state and federal courts, as well as FINRA arbitrations. He has represented broker-dealers and Respondent firms in FINRA arbitrations in nearly a dozen states including, California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas, and has recently represented several broker-dealers in multi-claimant multi-product complex arbitrations involving private placements and alternative investments. Amir also maintains an active regulatory practice representing firms and representatives in investigations initiated by FINRA, the SEC, and state regulatory agencies. He has handled regulatory investigations concerning a variety of alleged conduct, including conflicts of interest, suitability, unauthorized trading, fraud, excessive markups, and failure to conduct adequate due diligence. He has also been retained by firms to assist them when they believe that such investigations are likely to occur, and assists these clients in conducting internal investigations in anticipation of regulatory investigations or disclosures. In the last three years, Amir has lectured on developments concerning the securities industry and has provided risk management seminars to several broker-dealer firms as part of their annual compliance and sales conferences.
Amir also handles employment disputes concerning non-compete/anti-solicitation agreements, customer lists, raiding and misappropriating of trade secrets, and has successfully resolved several such cases by prevailing on summary judgment motions in federal court. Amir has also been retained in a variety of professional liability matters relating to the sale and issuance of insurance products. He has also represented Northwest companies in a variety of employment matters relating to employment termination involving allegations of unlawful termination or discrimination and counsels clients in both hiring and terminating employees.
- In Re ____: Represented advisory firm in SEC enforcement action relating to soft dollar arrangements.
- In Re ____: Co-represented advisory firm in SEC enforcement matter relating to undisclosed conflicts of interest.
- Sunwest Litigation: Represented Colorado broker-dealer in Sunwest receivership action alleging violation of Oregon Securities laws related to sale of Sunwest properties by our client.
- Griphon Asset Management: Represented regional broker-dealer in arbitrations and related FINRA investigation related to sale of private placements issued by Griphon Asset Management.
- Represented a group of securities brokers sued by former firm for violation of employment agreements. All claims resolved following the grant of summary judgment motions in California and Arizona federal courts.
- Lead trial counsel in arbitration against advisory firm alleging breach of fiduciary duty, and improper management of assets. Claims dismissed after three day arbitration.
- Lead trial counsel in arbitration stemming from sale of investments offered by DBSI, a TIC issuer based in Idaho. All claims dismissed after week long arbitration.
- Handled as primary counsel over 30 regulatory or enforcement matters initiated by FINRA, SEC or state regulatory authorities against broker-dealers, advisory firms, and registered representatives.
- Represented advisory firm in claims asserting cyber-breach.